Traditionally, splitter supports have either been rigid (rods) or flexible (cables), which both have positive and negative characteristics. Rigid supports are great, until you slam your splitter into the ground and damage it, the frame where the rods are mounted, and/or the rods themselves. Cables will flex in those situations, but will not rigidly hold the splitter otherwise. This can lead to your splitter fluttering and/or not staying in its original place. We thought, why not design a product that has the best characteristics of both?
Our clean-sheet, support rod design, is rigid enough to stop flutter, but will flex and return to its original position when hit aggressively (within reason, you jerks who go on farming expeditions regularly… you know who you are!).
Our simple system uses custom collets that allow for infinitely variable lengths. The base rods included will accommodate lengths from 4” to 20.” The optional longer rods can be used in up to a 38″ application. All you need to do is attach the provided clevises to your mounting structure and splitter, then measure and cut the rods to your custom length requirements. If you ever need another rod, they are cheap and can quickly be replaced at the track with simple tools.
- Reinforced fiber rods are flexible but have unbelievable tensile strength.
- Custom collet system makes assembly and installation a breeze.
- Collets are custom stainless steel for long life.
- Infinitely adjustable length, just cut the rods to your size requirements (high speed abrasive wheel recommended).
- Reusable, if you need a different length, buy new rods separately, assemble, and go.
- 2- rods
- 4- rod ends with compression fittings
- 4- 5/16 – 24 or M8-1.25 thread pitch clevises. Optional “Fancy” Aluminum clevis upgrade available.
- 4- clevis pins
- 4- hitch pin clips
- Optional 2- M8 elevator bolts
- Torque the compression fitting to 20-22 lb-ft. This can be accomplished with a crowfoot wrench.
Words hard? We have a video to help you learn!